McDermott Will & Emery’s Tax Controversy 360 blog provides practical insights into current issues and developments across all aspects of federal, state and local, and international tax controversy matters.
As the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) increases its pursuit of big-ticket issues, national and multinational corporations require immediate, sophisticated responses from legal advisors with a deep understanding of the methods and goals of the IRS and the skills and experience to mount an effective defense. McDermott’s tax controversy practice is notable for the skill of our team, the depth of our experience, and a proven track record of delivering results for clients.
Our lawyers represent clients on various tax controversy matters, including IRS audits and appeals, competent authority matters, and trial and appellate litigation. We are also experienced with the numerous alternative dispute resolution options available to taxpayers during the audit and appeals process.
- View our experience in docketed federal tax cases.
- View our experience in pro bono tax litigation cases.
Chambers USA has perennially ranked McDermott’s tax controversy practice in its highest tiers, with clients noting that our attorneys “provide a lot of good market knowledge.” The Legal 500 has also recognized McDermott as a leading firm in the tax controversy area, noting that we provide “excellent services for reasonable fees.” US News-Best Lawyers recently named McDermott “Tax Litigation Firm of the Year.”
If you have questions or topic suggestions, please let us know via the Contact form, or reach out to one of our editors directly.
- Does Latest IRS Guidance Signal New Firm Stance on Research Credit Refund Claims?
- Weekly IRS Roundup October 11 – October 15, 2021
- IRS Provides Guidance on Reliance of FAQs for Penalty Protection Purposes
- Weekly IRS Roundup October 4 – October 8, 2021
- Supreme Court Grants Certiorari in One Tax Case, Denies it in Several Others