McDermott Will & Emery’s Tax Controversy 360 blog provides practical insights into current issues and developments across all aspects of federal, state and local, and international tax controversy matters.
As the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) increases its pursuit of big-ticket issues, national and multinational corporations require immediate, sophisticated responses from legal advisors with a deep understanding of the methods and goals of the IRS and the skills and experience to mount an effective defense. McDermott’s tax controversy practice is notable for the skill of our team, the depth of our experience, and a proven track record of delivering results for clients.
Our lawyers represent clients on various tax controversy matters, including IRS audits and appeals, competent authority matters, and trial and appellate litigation. We are also experienced with the numerous alternative dispute resolution options available to taxpayers during the audit and appeals process.
- View our experience in docketed federal tax cases.
- View our experience in pro bono tax litigation cases.
Chambers USA has perennially ranked McDermott’s tax controversy practice in its highest tiers, with clients noting that our attorneys “provide a lot of good market knowledge.” The Legal 500 has also recognized McDermott as a leading firm in the tax controversy area, noting that we provide “excellent services for reasonable fees.” US News-Best Lawyers recently named McDermott “Tax Litigation Firm of the Year.”
If you have questions or topic suggestions, please let us know via the Contact form, or reach out to one of our editors directly.
- Courts Split on Supervisory Approval Requirement for Tax Penalties
- IRS Hints at Revenue Procedure 94-69 Update
- Weekly IRS Roundup September 19 – September 23, 2022
- IRS Official Provides Update on Large Partnership Compliance Audits
- IRS Appeals Will Not Consider Regulatory Invalidity and Subregulatory Procedural Invalidity Challenges