The National Taxpayer Advocate recently announced that the 4th International Conference on Taxpayer Rights will be held May 23 – 24, 2019, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The purpose of conference is to connect government officials, scholars and practitioners from around the world to explore how taxpayer rights globally serve as the foundation for effective tax administration. The theme for the 2019 conference will be the role of taxpayer rights in the digital age and the implications of the expanding digital environment for transparency, certainty and privacy in tax administration. Presentations and paper proposals on range of topics are being sought, and the deadline to submit a proposal is December 1, 2018.
Prior conferences have been held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Vienna, Austria and Washington, DC Conference. Archived materials for the prior conferences can be found here.
We previously attended and participated in the Amsterdam and Vienna conferences. For our posts on these conferences, see below:
- Taxpayer Rights Around the World (July 19, 2018)
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights: Another Tool for Taxpayers (March 13, 2018)
- Taxpayer Rights Around the World (Follow-Up) (May 4, 2017)
- Taxpayer Rights Around the World (Part 2) (March 23, 2017)
- Taxpayer Rights Around the World (Part 1) (March 22, 2017)